Study abroad programs and especially internship abroad programs are becoming more popular than ever. Students and young professionals are travelling all over the world to learn and absorb a new culture. Why is the popularity of Study abroad programs growing more than ever? Because they have proven success.
It is statistically proven that people who participated in immersion programs and study abroad programs have a a future employability rate and future salary much higher than those who did not take part in an experience.
Here we’ve put some Statistics on international programs improving employment:
- Study abroad students earn 25% higher starting salaries than college graduates who do not study abroad, out-earning their colleagues by 17%
- This 17% difference equates to approximately $7,000 annually for US students and £3,120 for UK students. Maintaining this earning advantage translates to earning an extra $567,500 over one’s entire career.
- 97% of study abroad students found employment within 12 months of graduation, compared to only 49% of college graduates finding employment in the same period of a year. (This means the study abroad students were twice as likely to find a job).
- Among study abroad alumni, 90% found a job within 6 months.
Change in attitude, personality and happiness
- 70% of study abroad alumni claimed that because of study abroad they were more satisfied with their jobs.
- 59% of employers said study abroad would be valuable in an individual’s career later on with their organization.
- 34% of study abroad alumni claimed that study abroad helped them choose their career field.
- 19% lower unemployment rates were found among study abroad alumni according to a British study.
- 80% of study abroad students reported that study abroad allowed them to better adapt themselves better to diverse work environments.
We can see here from the numbers that study abroad and international programs are fun, mind opening and enriching but they are also a great form of investment for the long run.
Road2Argentina is re-imagining the idea of study abroad as we know it, moving away from the original immersion programs and study abroad in Argentina. Knowing the clear success of study abroad programs, Road2Argentina has created a new concept involving a true professional immersion and networking opportunity in Argentina. Our high quality internship and volunteering programs enable total immersion in Argentine culture and the Spanish language. Send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.